On Tuesday 12th November 2019, the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in the UK organised the 9th edition of its popular “Moving to Portugal” Show and Seminars in London.
First held in late 2017, since then the Moving to Portugal Show & Seminars have become extremely popular.
They are designed to answer all the questions you may have about how to organise your move to Portugal, – whether you intend to run your business from there, invest there, retire there or simply spend several months a year there to escape the English climate.
Alongside the seminars some carefully chosen members of the Chamber were also exhibiting, giving visitors the opportunity to ask questions about any potential move to Portugal.
Exhibitors included estate agents from all regions of Portugal so visitors could see the different property options available, and representatives from some of Portugal’s best established resorts and golf courses, as shown below:
Fine & Country Algarve
Royal Obidos Spa & Golf Resort
Kronos Homes Portugal
Quinta do Lago Real Estate
Currencies 4 You
Belas Clube de Campo and Lisbon Green Valley
Bespoke Villas (Just Madeira)
TPMC & YPP
Remax Platina Group
Global Citizen Solutions
Within each seminar there were 6 short (15 minute) presentations from specialists on the following subjects:
- Where to buy – where are the property investment hotspots?
- The legal aspects of buying a property in Portugal
- How to plan your tax and financial affairs in advance of the move
- How to structure mortgage finance
- How Portugal’s Non Habitual Residence (NHR) tax programme works
- Aspects of healthcare, residency and later living in Portugal
- How to plan your currency needs