I am a British resident and I have a second home in Portugal.  I want to ship a lot of furniture from my British house to my house in Portugal but now, in 2021 under the new rules, I am not sure how to do it.  Can you help?


From 1 January 2021 shippers will need a Baggage Certificate or a Certificate on Importation of Household Effects which allows citizens moving/returning to Portugal to have their personal household goods imported duty free, when coming from a non-EU country.

This certificate is issued by the Portuguese Consulate in the UK:  

For more information, please contact our partner company Eagle Relocations: an international removals company with professional relocation, storage & packing services to & from the UK.


Information updated in September 2021