- About Us
- How to Exhibit
- Contact Us
Our next Moving to Portugal Show & Seminars in the UK will be on Thursday 19th October 2023!
With year round sunshine, golden beaches, breath-taking views, almost 1000 kilometres of beautiful mainland coastline, and golf courses, properties and restaurants that cater for every taste, Portugal offers a lifestyle for business people, second home owners or retirees that is second to none.
Moreover, UK nationals moving to Portugal can now benefit from Portugal’s very favourable ‘non-habitual residence’ (NHR) tax rules during their first ten years in Portugal.
Christina Hippisley, General Manager of the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in the UK says “Now the worst of Covid and Brexit is over, we are receiving dozens of calls seeking information about property buying in Portugal and how to make the move to a new life. Our Moving to Portugal Show and Seminars will give visitors all the up to date information”.
The Show features seminars throughout the day on all aspects of moving your home or business to Portugal, and explains to visitors how to maximise the financial and lifestyle benefits of such a move.
- The first session of seminars begins at 11.30am – it will last for approx. 90min with a coffee break in the middle.
- From 2.00-4.00pm the Chamber team, our seminar speakers and our exhibitors will be available for one to one meetings and consultations with our visitors – to arrange to meet any of us in person please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The second (repeated) session of seminars will start at 4.00pm with a short coffee break in the middle.
The seminar sessions will feature short (15 minute) expert presentations and panel discussions. Seminar topics will include:
- The legal steps to buying a property in Portugal
- Rural properties for sale and how the renovation process works
- Regional properties for sale
- The new property hotspots in Portugal
- Healthcare in Portugal
- How to profit from your new property in Portugal – rental returns and investment returns
- How to invest in Portugal to qualify for a Golden Visa
- Visa and residency options
All the day’s presentations will be recorded and posted on the Moving to Portugal library, for viewing and/or downloading at any time.
With the support of our institutional partners Visit Portugal, the Chamber launched the Moving to Portugal Shows and Seminars in late 2017 in the UK to publicise Portugal’s very tax-efficient Non Habitual Tax Regime (NHR).
Since then, over 7,000 visitors have come along to hear our seminars on the tax, legal, and wealth implications of moving to Portugal, which we have held in London and around the country.
Alongside the seminars, which run throughout the day, visitors can meet the seminar presenters on their stands where they can ask questions and talk in private.
Christina Hippisley, the Chamber’s General Manager, and property agents and resort developers from all over Portugal will also discuss living costs, mortgage costs, health and insurance issues, and the prices and types of properties you can buy in the Algarve, Lisbon and the rest of Portugal.
If you would like to book a one-to-one meeting with any of the companies named below, or to book a Zoom call or video call with them if you prefer not to attend in person, please send an email to email@example.com and we will forward it to the relevant person who will arrange a time with you.
Our exhibitors list will be continually updated as we receive their confirmations.
Official Portugal Media Partner
Open Media, publishers of Portugal Resident, the English-language newspaper